Monday, January 9, 2012

До свидания! in about 12 hours! (dah svee-dah-nee-ya) or Good Bye!

Well it's goodbye in less than 12 hours. Today has been a basketful of memories, despite a few challenges-i.e we cannot get rid of the winter germs around here. Thankfully no one's been desperately ill, and the realization that tomorrow brings months (?) of separation has been tempered today by the news of another family who's young son Patrick was born on earth 9 years ago and in heaven today again on his 9th birthday.
Pray for Patrick's family.

So this is nuthin' compared to that.....and so we will, as the British say, keep calm and carry on.

The past few days have been cram jam slam packed with more activity than we would normally do in a month, I think. Cousins over, grandparent and great-grandmother visits, visiting cousins, trips to ride the carousel, an evening movie at the (now $2!) movie, staying up late for family fun night, multiple park trips,  and just for kicks throw in there that everyone's continued to carry a full, normal load of work, school, and extra-cirricular activities and you see what I mean about the gang all being a wee bit tired.


His suitcase is loaded to the gills with clothes, things for the kids who were not fortunate enough to get to come on a hosting trip, sticker books, some simple English books,slim jims (who knew how good those were!), a tiny Nerf "NUG" (he had it in his backpack, oops! can you imagine the scene that would create!) and a photo album of 100 pictures from our time
 that we put together today.  After weighing it ten times, I think it's
 49.314159265358979323846264338
 lbs to the decimal. (Yes, B, i take it back, a luggage scale is a NECESSITY..what was I thinking.....)
 It was really fun to re-live all the things we did (you guys
read them all on the blog already too!).

 We are grateful for everyone who made an extra effort to spend time with us, shoot an email or a text these past few weeks, or pray for us or just read up and think about this process with us....We couldn't have made it thru this emotionally charged time without God's strengthening us. Overall,as B and I have reflected on this experience, it has definitely solidified that God is "all up in this" as our hosting coordinator once said.
 I just love that phrase.


Here's some photos from the past few days....



his favorite pout face to tease....


the many fun faces of Z......








a favorite activity, BOWLING!!!


H and C at bowling.....




C's bday cupcakes for school.....thanks to S.E.E. for making them with the kids! Wish I had gotten B. to get a photo of that. They turned out so cute!






 Learning about sports....this is after J2's basketball game.....




C's basketball game






 J2 hustles








a Z in a tree? how can that be???






 Happy boy!




Loving outside fun!






Cousins over for dad and uncle's bday!






such a sense of humor!!




and now for some green tea, lest doggie get sick too....




J2 and Z


Smiles and boys and dogs....Z still tan from the beach!




This cracks me up.....J2 is watchin' Z. Smart to not take your eyes off our practical joker.....






 First carousel ride!












with P's folks...


 Dinner out...with our friend from a nearby school




 J1's eyes crack me up in this shot. A HUGE American salad! Whoa!!









He knows he is leaving tomorrow. And he's not happy about it. We have communicated we are coming to get him but since we cannot say when, he has to go on faith..once again, to wait, and wait, and wait for his family.



We'll post a follow up and then probably only update you when there's news on the paperwork front for a while. .....
thanks for reading and hopefully laughing,  if you have been,  and any prayers for paperwork to get done FAST here ---so it can be sent there ---are appreciated!!! And so his wait can end. And Lord willing there will be "one less."





P.


John 14: 1- 18 has never meant more for us than when I think of Z's perspective, having to trust us to come for him........here's some familiar phrases:

"In My Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you....
and I go to prepare a place for you, that where I am, there you may be also....
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, No one comes to the Father except thru Me.......
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me the works that I do, he will do greater, because I
go to My Father. ...
If you love me, keep My commandments.....
I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you......."

No comments:

Post a Comment