OK so the last two posts probably were confusing.
I said on the 10th we had it all done and pray it didn't get lost in the mail. It didn't. It went to our agency, who then returned it the next day to us, because we decided based on geography that we could hand deliver it to be apostilled faster than they could mail it and that we then could get it to the international shipper the same way....
So that's what we did.
So, today, we had to get one "final" document ** FedExed in the mail from our agency and then I took that to the Apostille- ing office (i just can't spell that word).....
Anyhow, they had everything ready to go except... you got it!! Another "do over". This time no ink blobs or upside down notary seals but they caught two missing SIGNATURES by the notaries that we missed....
OOPS!! (Again!!)
So, anyhow, we are fixing the "oops", and....laughingly, the nice Apostille lady said to me as i left....
"OH... don't worry, you'll be back again. That's how it always goes with adoptions....."
Dang! I really hope she is wrong but at this point I have learned to just say..."well, it's the
LAST PIECE OF PAPER...... for today!!!"
**THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FINAL ADOPTION DOCUMENT IN SIGHT FOR US YET!
lol... here's the final stack of what he is taking to mail this am!!! Each paper has a sealed, stamped State of ___ Apostille Mark attached to it... UNREAL!
Anyhow, I have to close with a little self -disclosure..... as I pulled up into the parking lot, Chris Tomlin's song "Amazing Grace" came on my playlist. It's a very special song for me personally for many reasons and at that moment, thinking, here we are, finally, this darn thing is done, I just had an overwhelming sense of God's Grace and provision. and like many of you have said along this journey, I just sobbed.
Here's the link to hear that if you need a good cry. I recommend it. Play it LOUD and let it out.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mNT0axB9U
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment