Friday, August 17, 2012
The Question of A Name
Ok, I would like to blog about this but who has time....oops I just did anyhow....
Sitting here realizing that somehow, giving "Z" a new name and calling him by one that more "fits" into the rest of the kids has accomplished something I never realized it would....
First, it truly feels like we have a "newly-born into our family" child. I still remember when our first one was born and those first amazing days of referring to him by the name we had chosen for him, months before. It was surreal..... and this feels the same. But every time we say, in talking about him to each other or to someone else, his new name, I get this little zing of delight.... I can't explain it.
Secondly, and please don't judge me for this one, it changed someone who was called by a name that very much felt different, felt odd, felt "alien" ---- to be familiar, now called by something that feels more part of us, part of our family. It has transformed him somehow in my head in a way I was totally unprepared for. Sort of crazy.
But then reading thru all the biblical references this morning to see afresh just HOW important the NAME of the Lord is thru-out scriptures, I now realize why the question I could not and did not have an answer for this past year (but felt silly for thinking it was important) somehow WAS important, and
that B and I were not crazy to ask God, that night in Kiev, in our little bedroom, sitting there, God, what should his name be?
And now it all makes sense........
I just didn't know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment