Gone to the airport a few times over the years, typically to pick up or take back my sister and her family who have lived in Europe for wayyy too many of the past 20 years.
I'm well versed in the ecstasy of Arrivals day.
(Departure day is another matter....in fact, we just don't talk about that.)
There are really no words for it ---so instead I will let the camera do the talking.
Starting with the group of FABULOUS family members who came down to be the welcoming committee!
Awesome sign handmade by the P cousins!! Thanks M and G!!
And then here's a few of the moments right after (I shamelessly dove over the rail and grabbed him)......the 28 kids and the 3 adult chaperones made it off that longgggggg escalator at the airport.....
He quickly got his hands on H's new Iphone!! "Tick- tick!!" is always fun!
Big hug from younger brother J2!
A group "after" shot.....
with "papa" (B)...first big hug!.
Then here he is with the kids (cousins except his adult ones K and A)- I get so tickled thinking of his "Instant American Family"--- just add Z!!
And then finally here's the one for the scrapbook (thanks Aunt G!!!) for thinking of this.....
Us and our FOUR children.
Who'd a thunk it......even just a few years ago.
Merry Christmas!
Us.......
And then there were four. It was meant to be. God is good, all the time. :-)
ReplyDelete