New Year's Eve Eve
Time fascinates me, as in, the fact that we are so limited by the "space, time continuum", to quote "Back to the Future". I find it very compelling to think about "this time last year, this time 24 1/2 years ago, this time 10 years ago....". Maybe you do too. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's terribly sad. For me it's the reason I hate New Year's EVE, as those of you who know me, know. I just always get very sad about what is past and never will be again. Sad. Wistful. Even thinking about the good things makes me sad somehow.
I hope someone out there identifies with this cause I feel stupid admitting it.......
Tonight we took the kids out to dinner- which is a rare treat-after a hard day of sun and sand.
New Year's Eve Eve.
Here's the funny part.....
Exactly 364 days ago, we had eaten lunch at this same place, on Dec 31, 2010, before driving home, from this same post- Christmas beach trip last year. Of course we had no idea THEN that we would be here AGAIN 364 days later, with our precious 8 year old, in addition to a newly minted 9 year old and the 11 and 6 year olds.
Just for today, I will take the joy of thinking that 364 days ago, we didn't know we'd be back with our "newborn Ukrainian", but the Author of all did. And it is very good. As RG just told me, "God's Plans are better than ours".
Some photos from the photo contest of the day (organized, managed and solely entered, by yours truly).
Triple Play......
post dinner silliness
J1 and B's well rehearsed back flip. How long can he do this (B not J1)!!!
Cousins in the sand.....
Z flying thru the air thank to Uncle J!!!
C and Z having fun at Bass Pro Shop with J2 along for the ride!!


No comments:
Post a Comment