OK I am going to try this but it may not last......
Y'all may get bored.
I may get bored.
We all could not be here tomorrow.
But I am gonna take a tiny plunge into blogging just for the sake of keeping up with the
adoption story. I've emailed a lot of you but this way you can also see the story in one place.
A brief recap.
Last December I wrote a starting post that said I was going to start a blog, which might keep me entertained. And I started out by saying we had made a new rule of "one per"--one activity, one sweet, one meltdown per family member per day. Let's just say we exceeded all those limits this week..... And THIS December, the "one per" rule looks like this "one international adoption per academic year". LOL.
Z arrives in about 48 hours. Who's that?
He's our soon to be adopted son from Kyiv, Ukraine whom we met thru a hosting program last summer, which we participated in because basically adoption is something we emotionally committed to about 12 years ago when the process of having a family was coming along slowly.....
so here we are. Committed. Almost 1013-able probably because NOW 12 years later we have three kids, two jobs, a mortgage, an aging body times two, short arms and a falling apart house. Isn't that just the time God likes to step in and say, and "HEY BY THE WAY, I have your fourth child ready for you.... NOW!"
He in fact, sent us an email back in May. Luckily, I happened to be paying attention that day because I saw this little face and now the rest is, as they say, history.
So here we are. And if you have ever thought about adoption and been stopped by the millions and millions of reasons that normal, sane people don't do it, don't let that stop you. Whatever is in your head as an excuse, we promise you, if we can get to this point ANYONE can. All it takes it saying one, tiny, little word to God.
YES
B and I have both been dreaming of the moment when he gets here... again.
For some mysterious reason, God put it into some amazing person's head to fund his visit back to us this Christmas. We have been busy beavers on the paperwork end of "1000 pieces of paper" but didn't really think it was feasible to pay to host him again prior to HOPEFULLY traveling to get him "forever" in a few more months (once the Ukrainian gov. gets going on the back log of 139++ families with translated paperwork on the desks of those individuals who go thru it all and say "Come and get your child!".)
But God, being much bigger than us, for some reason had him prepaid and delivered to us this coming Sunday. Reason number 1 to never say never to God.
He CAN, WILL and DOES make things happen!!
So we are eagerly awaiting his arrival. I just finished tucking away two drawers full of pants, shirts, undies, socks and pajamas, his "cubby" in the laundry room has new shoes, reindeer socks, and some fun sunglasses in it, Gma M has painted him a wooden sled with his name on it to hang on the stocking hangers like the other 3 kids already have, I found a magnetic Christmas toy on ebay like the other kids all have, C. has two presents waiting to give him that she purchased with her own money and wrapped months ago, and a Cars2 slot racing set and a BIG nerf gun are all ready to go under the tree in 9 short days and J2 has given up his bed again.
Catch some excitement?
The A word.
Life is 100% more exciting when it's going on in your house!
P.
Homes Of Hope International Website Below
An Orphan Hosting Ministry
http://www.hohinternational.com/index2.php#/multi-text_2/1/

Awesome! Love it.
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled for y'all (and more so for Z)